Consumer findings from the report include:
- 70 percent of respondents would rather hear about a new product from a Facebook friend, than from a brand.
- 57% have asked their friends on Facebook for advice before purchasing a product
- 31% say they don’t share products on social networks, while 63% say they share on Facebook, 25% on Twitter, and 22% on Pinterest
- 64% said that more Facebook “likes” on a product do not increase the likelihood that they will buy that product
- 44% say they are most likely to discover new products on Facebook compared to 21% on Pinterest and 13% on Twitter, but 37% don’t pay attention to posts about products
- 56% do not share things on social networks to get rewards.
Brand findings from the report include:
- Facebook Upstream Traffic: 2.46%
- Pinterest Upstream Traffic: 0.13% (Low)
- Twitter Upstream Traffic: 0.06% (Distant 3rd)
- 35% of companies researched had apps on Facebook that were not functioning and/or were out of date.
- 51% of companies have incorporated the Pin It button
You´ll find the report here: http://www.8thbridge.com/socialcommerceiq/